The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline: (1-800-4-A-CHILD)
- The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-4-A-CHILD) is a critical response unit for a child in crisis.
- This 24 hour a day, 7 days a week hotline serves the United States, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam.
- Staffed exclusively with degreed professional counselors, this confidential and anonymous service offers crisis intervention, information, literature and referrals to emergency, social service and support resources.
- Through translators, the hotline can communicate in over 170 languages. For over 30 years, Childhelp's hotline has been a child's lifeline.
- The best deterrent against abuse is prevention. Childhelp is committed to teaching the lifesaving tools that protect potential victims from abusers, Internet predators and bullies.
- A child that has been given the benefit of a Childhelp Speak Up, Be Safe! education may never need to reach out to our organization because he or she has been successfully safeguarded against danger.
Contact Andrea Dunlap: Phone 480.922.8212 | Fax 480.922.7061 | E-mail
Childhelp Speak Up Be Safe is a research-based, comprehensive violence prevention curriculum that equips 1st through 6th grade children with the skills they need to play a significant role in the prevention or interruption of physical abuse, sexual abuse, bullying or sexual harassment in their own lives.
*Note, though CHSUBS is currently a 1-6th grade program, Childhelp currently has, PK/K and 7-12th grade curriculum in development and intentions for launching these in the Fall (2014).